Search This Blog

Sunday 22 June 2014

Jodey Dilon Ko! - Experience

I have learned great many things from participating with Indiblogger. It has changed my entire outlook and attitude toward life. Before my freshman year at college, I was shy, had low self-esteem and turned away from seemingly impossible challenges. Indiblogger has altered all of these qualities.
A faint twinge of excitement floated through my body the night before the Zindagi Indiblogger meet was to be held at The Leela, Mumbai. A hint of anticipation of the coming day could not be suppressed; I still wonder that I slept at all that night. But I did. I slept soundly and comfortably.
After a quick breakfast, I pulled some of my gear together and headed out. The ride of an hour seemed only a few moments as I struggled to reinstate order in my chaotic consciousness and focus my mind.
After lunch, the meet commenced and what I was about to experience was something I had never experienced before. Bloggers gathered in a conference hall, beautifully decorated and aptly lit. In front of us were two large screens which I assumed were for presentation purpose. However, my assumptions were incorrect. The two screens and cameras all around the conference room were set up so that bloggers from two cities, Mumbai and Delhi could connect with each other by way of video conferencing. We have all used video conferencing in our life, but this was different as was not one to one or one to many, it was many to many. 
The primary aim of Indiblogger is that people connect and open up themselves and I must say that Indiblogger does that in a very nice manner. The meets are always fun with interesting games and new people. This time it was cross state.
After Mumbai and Delhi Bloggers were successfully connected, an array of questions comparing the two cities were asked to the bloggers. These questions were mostly asked to invoke a competitive sense between bloggers. As the questions were being answered, I noticed that even after being citizens of the same country, we wanted to prove that Mumbai is better than Delhi and bloggers from delhi wanted to prove otherwise. This was what Indiblogger and Zindagi wanted to bring up.
Delhi and Mumbai were samples to represent a larger set of population, India and Pakistan. As we all know, India and Pakistan got separated during partition and so did many families/friends. Indians and Pakistanis are a result of the same ancestors and share the same blood. Even after being in the same country, there was a competitive sense among bloggers of the two cities, Mumbai and Delhi.This competitive sense is only because of demographic change and not because of cultural difference. Just like Mumbai and Delhi are part of the same culture, India and Pakistan too are part of the same culture. Many Indians want to meet their families and friends from pakistan and many Pakistanis want to do the same.
By taking advantage of television & media, an effort to bridge the gap between two countries is being taken by Zindagi, a new channel being set up, which will air Pakistani drama serials in India. Indian Channels are already being aired in pakistan with advancement of technology and our brothers from Pakistan, enjoy Indian channels as much as we do.
This was the first time that I had ever really made a notable realization in anything. This one experience, this one instant, changed me forever. This day I found peace and discovered that brotherhood yields its own sweet fruit. The sun was so bright and brilliant. This feeling was the best.
Indiblogger aur Zindagi #JodeDilonKo . After a few months I hope to see #JodDiyeDil

No comments:

Post a Comment